Monday, November 12, 2012

Friends, family and time to come home

I have been such a loner for so much of my life that friendships have been few. The true meaning of friendship came through while we were home. John had some medical issues and instead of our planned 2 weeks, it ended up being 4. We were camped in our friends Jeff and Marlene's backyard, and I'm so grateful for all they did for us. When things got rough, they were right there lending support. It was a wonderful experience. I was able to help Marlene with some projects around the house, and she fed us wonderful meals. She is an incredible cook! John and Jeff went fishing. We also got to reconnect with Shelly, our youngest's godmom,and I spent an afternoon with Dawn and another with Jenny. I'm so grateful for our friends! We also got to spend some wonderful time with our girls. Thankfully, all of John's tests came out ok, and he got the green light from his doctors to head south AND to begin exercising.

It took us four days to get to Rockport this year, and I'm O so happy to be home! We're staying in town, so we're close to everything, and I'm now playing music in front of the Health Food Store in Old Town (right across from the water!) two days a week. I'll also be playing at some craft fairs, and we'll see what else develops. My creativity has been flowing like crazy and I've at least a half dozen new pieces done or in progress! Last year's Texas trip only brought 1 song, so this is amazing. Belly Dance Class is also on my agenda, and I attended the first one last week. I'm meeting so many wonderful light minded ladies. I'm tickled!

John and I have been doing some fishing, but the best for John was yesterday when he went out to Goose Island and caught a 44" 70 lb. Black Drum! He was just tickled, and I'm so happy for him. We've been out to the Island a few times fishing and dolphin watching. We've seen several sea turtles.

The 2nd Saturday of every month is Market Day in Goliad, and we had a wonderful day. The Live music was great! It turns out that Goliad had 2 market days in Dec. The first Saturday is all hand made items (Christmas Shopping) the 2nd Sat. is the regular market. We may have to take another trip over that way in a couple weeks!

We're beginning our 4th week here, and I still have to pinch myself - are we really here! HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment