Monday, October 3, 2011

More shows, and HIKING!

I'm so behind! Since the last posting, we went to see Yakov live http://www.yakov.com/branson/. I think it's THE BEST show we've seen since coming to Branson. The first half had us about rolling on the floor, then the Russian dancers were wonderful, then the second half  - what can I say. To take what you've learned in college and put it together in a way that is entertaining and educational - WOW. He did it! What a man! Having a DVD of this show would be wonderful! Now we want to see his dinner show!

We also went to see the Haygoods, and they are by far the best family music show we've seen. They took the music and made it theirs - it was high energy, incredible talent, and something I wouldn't hestitate to see again. http://www.branson-shows.net/?event=offer.detail&offerId=10878

Then, we went to a show I wasn't interested in going to at all, and found it also to be fantastic. The 3 Redneck Tenors. The first half of the show is redneck comedy - but it's tasteful! The second half shows the sheer artistry and capabilities of these three talented men!  If you get the opportunity to see them, don't hesitate - go!  http://3rednecktenors.com/

In between these, my friend, Lea Crestman and I did some hiking - wonderful hiking, and photography. I needed pictures to go with my new song White River,  for a youtube video, here's the link for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjTTvqOYEt4. We had such fun! Lea is a very good photographer, and most of the pictures in the video are hers.

We also did the 325 stairs down to the caves at the Branson Lakeside Forest Wilderness Area http://www.bransonparksandrecreation.com/old_website/trails.htm. How the original landowners built those stairs is beyond me. Blood, sweat and tears I think, and a lot of Love. What a beautiful Place.
(on the corner of the yellow and green routes) What a wonderful hike! I wish I'd have had my flash light, and we should have brought our waterbottles with us, but we made it. The cliffs are stained with smoke from what I believe to be ancient fires of the Native people living here at the time. I plan to go back there with my tools (staff paper, pencil, & notebook) and sit for awhile until the music comes through clearly for me. That one will be called... "Ancient Fires" of course.
Lea Chrestman by the bear cave.

This made for a very enjoyable day!


Tomorrow we're going to  the Dixie Stampede. This is a dinner show, and we're quite looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment