Sunday, May 20, 2012

Reed Point to Lolo, Montana

Tonight we find ourselves parked amidst heavenly smelling ponderosa pine at the "Square Dance Center and campground" off hwy 12 west of  Lolo and Missoula, Montana. The entire ride today had us in awe. From the huge grassy basins to the snow capped mountains in the distance. We've never been this far west in Montana, and it was incredible crossing the continental divide. I had been a little concerned about pulling through the mountains, but our wonderful truck is fully up to the challenge. Other than a drop in mileage, she pulls almost like there's nothing there. (smile) I just tried uploading photos again, and again the server refused them. I think I'll upload them from the computer to the tablet and try that. I'm finding the small screen size of the tablet to be awkward to impossible, but I'll get it. The energy on this side of the continental divide is tranquil. I don't know how else to describe it. The land here is older and weather worn; the mountains are smoother. The water is sweet and has a taste similar to the air which is also sweet and clear - lovely. Super tonight is rice and vegies with salad dressing as the sauce - it's really quite good. Not the steak John wanted, but it will do. We're both really tired - road wear, and altitude I think. Tomorrow we'll make Orofino and the Dworshak Dam - our final destination. The road is a twist curvy and the 140 miles could take 3-4 hours we're told. It will be beautiful:)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome adventure. I'm excited for you guys and look forward to eventual pics. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete